Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fall is here and so is football


Peeps,

It has been some time since my last post. We are edging closer and closer to a new presidential election; how do you feel about that? Both candidates from our flawed system seem to be the same old same as usual, pining on about the latest geo-political buzzwords and empty promises. Thank the almighty for college football!!! Yes, peeps, this last weekend was the start of the college football season. The leaves are beginning to change, there is a crisp to the air, and the Oregon Ducks have lost another qurterback to a career ending knee injury; at least they still embarrassed those damn Huskies from Washington! College football season evokes many emotions for yours truly as it is the beginning of Fall. I love fall and all it has to bring but fall also means the beginning of school for me and the kids and that therefore means more tests, pressure, and questioning "what in the hell am I doing anyway?" Fall also represents the slow demise of the natural world as we edge closer to winter and then the eventual re-birth of spring...whoa, depressing, eh? Things on the ol' property are good and the chickens are cranking out more eggs than we can deal with. I'm hopeful that the sugar-spice pumpkins will be ready for Thanksgiving and a real pumpkin pie. As you may have noticed, I try and post every message with a web-image of something pertinent to the topic or at least something that evokes memory for us all. I'd love to hear comments on the pics. I will try and get back into the swing of regular postings now that I am headed towards another school quarter. If the Gods are with me I will be done with my Master's degree by next summer. I love and miss you all.
~Murt

Topic of the day: Best fall memories when you were a kid.

Quote of the day: "Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein."
Joe Theismann, former quarterback

No comments: